27.3.10

Battlefield 2 AIX mod


For the last 5 or 6 years I have been playing a lot of the Battlefield games starting with Battlefield 1942, then Battlefield Vietnam, and of course, Battlefield 2. I never bothered with 2142 because I am not into the whole future thing, if I want future, I'll play Unreal Tournament 2004 (which I still do). I know a lot of console kids play Call of Duty or whatever but in my opinion Battlefield 2 is way better.
A couple of years ago I started checking out mods for Battlefield 2 and came across Allied Intent Xtended (AIX). This mod turns Battlefield 2 into the best multiplayer first person shooter ever. I am skeptical to see how Battlefield 1943 is in comparison, but as of right now Battlefield 2 with AIX 2.0 is awesome. The cool thing about PC games like Battlefield 2 is when you get a new video card its like you get new games. For some reason I thought you should match the resolution of your monitor so I always ran BF2/AIX at 1152 x 864, just recently I tried jacking it up to 1680 x 1050 and wow! It's like an entire new game, it looks so crisp, and I even felt guilty because it felt like I had an unfair advantage because I could spot bad guys so easily.

Here is a list of a few of the things that make AIX such a good mod:
  • Longer run time (all-time run on some servers like DOD)
  • Better weapons
  • More helicopters and jets that are equipped with more weapons
  • A ton of new maps
  • Pickup weapons
  • Health and Ammo
  • A portable Stinger (a bazooka that locks onto choppers and jets(pickup only))
  • C4 20 second timebomb
  • Grappling hook and zipline
  • Lazer mines that sound a siren, shoot a flare, and jets can lock onto
If your PC can hang with the big boys you'll be able to run Battlefield 2 decently otherwise stick to the kiddy consoles. You can buy Battlefield 2 for $10 at the EA store here,

AIX 2.0 mod is free and you can find that at www.aixtended.com

If you make it that far you should also aquire the TNG2 mappack which a lot of AIX servers require. I know you can get it from the ISA clan's site but you have to sign up to access the files.